America: United Nations Global Compact Winter Internship 2019 Session now Open
The UN Global Compact offers internship opportunities for recent graduates from around the world at its New York office.
Deadline: August 16, 2019
Expected to bring in (country): New York, USA
Survey area accepted: not specified
About the award: The UN Global Compact pursues two complementary goals.
(1) To make the United Nations Global Compact and its principles a part of business strategy and business everywhere.
(2) Promote cooperation among key stakeholders through the development of partnerships and other collective actions to support the United Nations goals.
UN Global Compact intern according to experience and training level will:
- Conduct surveys of corporate citizenship, especially the fight against human rights, labor, the environment and corruption.
- Compile and edit publications, articles, and other documents.
- Keep in touch with Global Compact stakeholders on important topics of corporate citizenship.
- Support the holding of meetings and events.
- Support outreach activities.
- Handle email and other requests.
- Promote the implementation of measures to ensure the integrity of the Global Compact.
- Perform administrative tasks as assigned.
- Candidates must be enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program (bachelor’s or second degree or higher) at the time of application and during the internship period. or
- Depending on the circumstances, the applicant may complete a UN internship within one year.
Internship Period: The internship time is flexible. We encourage candidates to apply for the following sessions:
Winter: January to March (3 months, then 3 months can be extended)
Spring: from April to June (3 months, then you can extend 3 months)
Summer: from July to September (3 months, possible extension for 3 months after that)
Autumn: from October to December (3 months, possible extension for 3 months after that)
How to apply: Anyone interested in doing practical work under the UN Global Compact must submit an online application on the UN website.
Scroll down to the main page, go to the “Search for applications” section and select “Internship” in the “Category” field, and New York in the “Workstation” field. Click the search button. This will show a list of various internship offers. You need to look for an internship in the UN Global Compact by employment number.
Global Compact internship numbers:
- JO 116057: Internship in Public Relations and Events Team
- JO 116060: internship in outreach team
- JO 116061: Internship in the development team
- JO 116065: Internship at the Global Operations Group
- JO 118528: Intergovernmental Relations and Internship with the African Team
It is strongly recommended to pay attention to the number of job seekers to get candidates to the UN Global Compact Office.